Monday, June 19, 2017

This is me

I am a traveler. I have been fortunate to visit places all over the country when I was younger and now I am expanding my travels Internationally. This is a picture of myself along with my friend Patrick cave-tubing in Belize.
I am a competitor. I strive for perfection in everything, especially athletics. The picture above is me my senior year of high school after I medaled in the high jump, on a broken foot. I have found this especially beneficial when it comes to academics.  

I am a sports fanatic. This picture is something my friend made me. I was nicknamed "Luke Walton" because like Luke, I stepped in and led our dorm women's basketball team to the TCU intramural championship game. Like TCU, I look forward to attending many events in Europe
I am a photographer. I appreciate beauty when I see it, and a lot of times I see it where others do not. This skill matched with my traveling experience will benefit me greatly in our upcoming class. Being in such historic cities will inspire me to create bigger and better things.
I am grateful. Of all the qualities that makes me who I am, there is not any more important than this. I am especially grateful to the people pictured above. Without them, none of this would be possible. TCU has taught me a lot these past two years, but what is especially emphasized is family.

Thank you,
Eric M Burke  

1 comment:

  1. What a great introduction, Eric. I'm looking forward to hearing about what you discover both in and out of classes. And so good to know you already possess an adventurous and grateful spirit -- two keys to success while in London.

    ReplyDelete